1) Locate embassies near your country. Understand their procedure by looking at their websites or by contacting them. Select an embassy with the procedure which is most suitable for you. Embassies of different countries have slightly different procedures. It is advisable to understand these before selecting them. Near San Marino, there are Vietnam embassies in Italy, France, Greece, Germany, etc.
2) Even with the slight differences, the overall procedure remains the same. Fill the application form correctly, affix the colored photograph and submit it with all the required documents including the original passport. As it won’t be feasible to visit the embassy and submit documents you should select an embassy which allows submission of forms by post.
3) The postal service plays a very important role in this route for countries like San Marino; hence, it is crucial to select a good international postal service which provides the facility for tracking the deliverables. Make sure that you include a prepaid envelope so that the visa can be sent to you by mail.
4) There is a processing fee to be;paid, which depends on the duration of the stay and the type of the visit. You should inquire about the amount to be paid and the currency that is applicable.
5) Once the application is received it takes about 5-7 days but you will have;to consider the time taken up the postal service while planning your journey.
6) On receiving the visa check it for errors and contact the embassy, if any.
7) This visa is applicable to all routes, namely, air, water, and land.