Rwanda, at present, does not have an established Vietnam embassy inland. An embassy visa becomes a mandate for journeys through water and roadways. Hence, the people are compelled to approach an embassy located in nearby nations with their requests for visas.
1) There are embassies located in nations like Tanzania, Angola, and Mozambique, etc. The nearest one for the people of Rwanda is the Vietnam embassy in Tanzania. The embassy is located in Tanzania in Dar es Salaam and works from Monday to Friday. The embassy will remain closed on the weekends and on the bank holidays observed in Vietnam and Rwanda.
2) You will get the application form from the embassy’s official website. Do check if the embassy allows you to submit the online application. If not, then you will need to send the completed form, along with documents and the processing fee to the embassy office via post. You might need to pay the fees as per Rwanda’s currency, hence, check for the information. The payment can be made either in cash or through a check in the name of the embassy.
3) You will also have to send your original passport to the embassy to make sure that you hire a professional and reliable postal service to do this job.
4) Once the form is accepted by the embassy, it will take a time of around 5 to 7 days to process your visa. Send a pre-paid envelope to the embassy as well so that your visa can be shipped to your address.
5) Since international postal service is involved, you will need more time and money to get your visa hence plan your trip accordingly. You can apply for the visa about 6 months in advance. Once you have the visa, crosscheck the information so that you do not face any issues later.
6) This visa gives you a permission to enter into Vietnam through any of the available routes.