How to get Vietnam temporary residence card

What is “entry and exit form”?
September 23, 2016
vietnam visa on arrival
Completely cancel user’s concerns of Vietnam Visa on arrival service in the first time
September 23, 2016

How to get Vietnam temporary residence card

The Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam ((No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 of April 28, 2000) helps Vietnam to become an attractive destination for foreigners who would like to reside in Vietnam for a long time to work, do business and study or research.

Foreigners may get Permanent or Temporary Residence Card which are valid in one to three years. The card is the same entry and exit visa helping the foreigners to enter Vietnam without visa easily. So you can save a large amount of time and money for visa Vietnam application as well as visa extension during the entry, exit and residence in Vietnam.

There are two types of residence cards to help foreigners reside in Vietnam:

–   Temporary Residence Card (TRC): issued to the foreigners who reside for a definite period of time in Vietnam.

–   Permanent Residence Card (PRC): issued to the foreigners who reside and work permanently in Vietnam.


1. Temporary Residence Card (TRC)

TRC is issued by the authorized provincial office managing entry and exit under the Ministry of Public Security.

Who can apply and where to apply:

The Vietnam temporary Residence card is need for those who would like to stay in Vietnam longer than the allowed time because foreigners who work in multinational corporations or foreign companies in Vietnam

–    Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government

–    Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).

Foreigners can apply at the Ward’s police of the city where theylives.

Required documents:

One written request for TRC (form N5A) declaration of information on foreigners applying for TRC (form N5B) with photos (attached 02 photos sized 3×4 cm).

– 01 copy of passport or visa which is still valid (bring the original for comparison).

– 01 copy (bring the original for comparison) of legal record of the agency, organization or enterprise which gives sponsorship for the person requesting TRC. Depending on specific cases legal record may include Business registration Certificate or Investment Certificate or License for the establishment of representative office.

– 01 copy of work permit (bring the original for comparison) in case it is required.

– Proof document of temporary residence address from local police department.

– In case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family book.

Note: Above documents (except for application for permanent residence, diplomatic note, passport, visa) must be translated into Vietnamese and certified or legalized as regulated.

2. Processing time and Validity:

– From the date of receipt of the full file (except replacing the lost card), the processing time is 05 days.

– TRC is valid in one to three years

– The duration of TRC is at least 01 month shorter than the duration of the passport.

– No TRC will be issue for person with passport valid for less than one year.

Note: When you get your TRC lost, you must immediately notify the issuingagency. Re-issuing procedure is similar to granting a new one but processing time is 14 working days.

More information on Visa tips to save you money when applying Vietnam visa,contact us:

1 Floor, 56A Nguyen Cu Trinh St, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam

Phone: (+84) 838 361 567

Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239

More information about Visa tips to save cost when apply Vietnam visa.

Leave a Reply