1What is Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA) ?
Visa on arrival (VOA) - Vietnam Visa on arrival is the type of visa picked up at Vietnam airports. For this type of visa, you need to submit Vietnam approval letter together with your passport (at least 6 months validity), two passport-sized photos, entry and exit form and stamping fee to Immigration Officers at the airport, the visa will be stamped onto your passport. Note:Only travelers by air to Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh City airport and Da Nang airport. (if you don’t arrive by airplane, please contact us for more information)
2Who need visa when visiting Vietnam?
1. Only the citizens of below countries are able to visit Vietnam without an entry visa: Most citizens of ASEAN member-countries as Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos do not need a Vietnam visa if they visit Vietnam within 30 days. The Philippine passport holders do not need a Vietnamese visa for 21 days and Myanmar do not need Visa within 14 days. The passport holders of Brunei are not required to get a visa to Vietnam for 15 days. They could apply for popular passport type with return tickets. From July, 1st 2015 to next June 2016, Vietnam Government exempts Visas for nationals of 5 Western European countries as: France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom and Italy. They do not need visa if staying in Vietnam less than 15 days regardless of their purpose or type of visas. Citizens of and Timor-Leste is all required Visa Vietnam. The Passport Holders from Korea, Japan, Russia and the Scandinavian nations (as Norway, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland) do not need a visa to Vietnam if they intend to stay in the country within 15 days. They could also apply for popular passport type with return tickets. All other citizens are required to get a Vietnam entry visa (issued prior to departure by local consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved letter for picking up an entry visa (issued on arrival at Vietnam's International Airports) at the airport. Both are supplied before arrival in the country. 2. Some exceptions: No visa is required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of France who holds valid diplomatic or official passports. No visa is required for travel in Vietnam for less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months for citizens of Chile who holds valid diplomatic or official passports. No visa is required for 60 days per time with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies. Foreigners and Vietnamese is holding foreign passport who enter Vietnam through an international border gate to travel on Phu Quoc Island and stay there for less than 15 days will also be exempted from Vietnam visa application. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving on Phu Quoc Island, the Vietnamese immigration department is responsible for issuing visas on the spot if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days. No visa required for Vietnamese overseas for less than 90 days staying if they are holding Vietnam visa exemption certificate.
3What is Vietnam visa service fee?
Service fee is a payment to receive the Approval Letter for visa before they arrive at Vietnamese airport. This fee will be paid via our Online Payment System which is available with Onepay, Paypal or Banking transfer service. Please be noted that service fee does not include the stamp fee which is paid in cash for Vietnam Immigration Officer at the airport. More information about Service Fee can be seen at Vietnam Visa Fees.
4What is Vietnam visa stamping fee?
Stamping fee is a fee which direct payment to Vietnam Immigration Officer at the arrival Airport to get your visa stamp. this is fix amount to pay for Goverment. Cash is recommended to prepare before you arrive at any Vietnamese airport. It’s about:
- $25 USD for single entry visa, from 1 to 3 months single visa
- $50 USD for less than 6 months multiple entries visa
- $95 USD for 6 months multiple entries visa to less than 1 year multiple entries.
5How many types of Vietnam visa on arrival are there?
Vietnam visa on arrival types are granted according to the length of staying, number of entries and visiting purpose. According to length of staying and number of entries, we are ready to process following visa on arrival types:
- 1 month single entry visa
- 1 month multiple entries visa
- 3 months single entry visa
- 3 months multiple entries visa
- 6 months multiple entries visa
- 1 years multiple entries visa
- Business visa: will be valid in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months
- Tourist visa: will be valid in 1 month or 3 months
- Other purposes: will be valid in 3 months or 6 months
6Our Visa to Vietnam Services
Our Services - What do we support ? Welcome to Vietnam Visa Organization - a global leading, prestige e-commerce platform specializing in Vietnam visa on arrival processing service, Vietnam airport concierge service, airport car pick up service, hotel reservation service, Tour travel booking service and flight booking service for citizens of foreign countries over the world.
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival Service: Vietnam Visa Service has more than 10 years of experience in processing Vietnam visa on arrival for residents from over 118 countries especially India, Nepal, Iran, Lebanon, Bangladesh… in a short time.
- Vietnam Airport Concierge Service: Vietnam Visa Service are always assist you to get visa stamp quickly at the Vietnam International airports as well as minimize Immigration hassle, particularly the confusion and frustration that may happen to you in Vietnam International airports.
- Airport Car Pick Up Service: Vietnam Visa Service’s professional chauffer team and modern, comfortable cars are ready to drive you from the airport to the required destination in center safely and peace in mind.
- Hotel Reservation Service: With the smart, fast online hotel booking system, Our Services are grateful to be on behalf of the customers to make room reservation in over 2.500 hotels, motels, guesthouses in Vietnam. Certainly we always offer a reasonable price which is cheaper than the price you get directly at the hotels.
- Tour Travel Booking Service: The outstanding, professional team in Vietnam Visa Service is available to support, consult you in 24/7 as well as design special, diverse tours which meet the customer demands.
- Flight Booking Service: Flight booking will be completely easier than ever with a reasonable price in our service. All of our services aim to provide the most conveniences to the customers so that the customers focus on the excitement of immigration to a beautiful Vietnam.
7How much total do I have to pay for Vietnam Visa on arrival?
In order to get Vietnam Visa on arrival, you just pay for two types of fee: Service fee: is paid for getting a Visa Approval Letter via our Online Payment System after filling full your information to the visa application form. Stamping fee: is paid in cash to Vietnamese Immigration Officer at arrival airport for your visa stamp. For more information about Vietnam Visa Fee, please refer Service Fees. Our Online Payment System is available for One-Pay Paypal or Banking transfer service.
8Where is place to get Visa Stamp?
You will get your visa stamped at one of 3 international airports(Hanoi with Noi Bai Airport, Da Nang with Da Nang International airport, Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon with Tan Son Nhat airport). Once you reach Vietnam airport, just go to landing visa counter. So, please do some following before your departure:
- Print out the “Visa Approval Letter” and remember to put it into your luggage
- Prepare 2 passport sized photos (4x6cm)
- Fill full “Application Form” for enter and exit Vietnam
- Prepare cash to pay for stamping fee at Vietnam Immigration Office when arriving Vietnam airport
9What is Vietnam Visa Approval Letter?
"Vietnam Visa approval letter" is a document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Ministry of Public Secutiry), which supports foreigners to get Vietnam visa upon arrival (at Vietnam international airports).
10How long can I get the Vietnam Visa Approval after submitting your service?
Normally, after you finished your visa application and made your payment, the Visa Approval Letter will be sent after 2 working days (normal service); and 4 -8hours of working day (urgent service); emergency 30 minutes (from 30 minutes to one hour, except Saturday and Sunday); Immediately service case in Time off, Sat,Sun or Holidays ( around 30 minutes)
11In emergent case, what is the shortest time I can get Vietnam Visa?
It will take 5 hours ( even 30 minutes ) to get Vietnam Visa upon arrival at Vietnam International Airport for emergent case. Customer just applies our Rush Visa service via our official website. For rush visa to Vietnam, please do the following steps: 1. Fisrtly send your passport details with rush visa Vietnam request
- Please send us your passport details by scanning your passport, then sent it to Sales@VisaOnlineVietnam.Org with your request a rush visa to Vietnam or apply rush visa form online at here.
- Please advise us exactly which port you will enter Vietnam too!
- Please call our hotline +84.968187718 (Mr Stanley Ho ). We are ready to support 24/7.
- After receiving your rush visa request to Vietnam, we will contact with Vietnam Immigration Department for the rush visa then confirm to you in 30 minutes.
- We are not responsible for any refusal on your rush visa to Vietnam, as Vietnam Immigration Department will check your records and deciding your visa request approved or dis-approved.
- Rush visa to Vietnam will be stamped at Vietnam int’l airport (Noibai or Tan Son Nhat or Danang Airport).
- Rush visa will be approved for 1 month single entry only.
12Which documents have I show to get Vietnam Visa Stamp at the airport?
In order to get your Vietnam Visa Stamp, you should prepare:
- Your passport; Printed the approval letter visa
- Filled entry and exit form
- Two passport-sized photos
- Stamping fee for visa ( $25 USD for single entry or $50-135 USD for multiple entries)
13What are requirements of photos for Vietnam Visa on arrival?
The requirements of photos should be matched with following conditions:
- Two photos are required for Vietnam Visa on arrival. One is glued on the entry and exit form and the another is showed if officers need to check;
- Photos should be sized 4x6 cm as passport-size, especially taken NOT over 6 months;
- Both of color photos or black and white are accepted;
- Photos should be captured full of applicant’s face, front view in plain white background;
- Photos should be taken in normal view. If applicants wear a heading device, wig or similar things in abnormal view, they should wear consistently with the pictures upon arrival; Glasses without tinted lenses or any medical reasons are not acceptable.
14Where do I get my Vietnam Visa Stamped on arrival at airport?
At the arrival hall inside the airports, there is a landing visa counter, in font of the check in point coounter, You have to prepare some document to get visa stamp: 2 photos 4x6 cm, immigration form ( you can dowload here) and some cash in USD. ( 1 month, 3 months single : 25 USD; 1 month multiple is 50 USD, 3 months to less than 6 months multiple is 95 USD and 6 months-1 year multiple is 135 USD). Vietnam visa on arrival at the airports is approved when you already have visa approval letter in advance. You will have to prepare some cash for stamping fee and 2 photos 4x6cm ( same size with passport picture) at the airport when you arrive. But this is not very important if you don't have photos on your hand, you can take picture when you arrive and you have to pay 5 USD for this case.
15Can I enter Vietnam earlier than the granted date in my approval letter?
The answer is Yes, you can enter Vietnam 1 day earlier as the date which state on your Vietnam visa approval letter. In this case, You must inform us, we will change for you. If you worry about this case, please do not hesitate to call us or email us, we will support you right away, and we will sen dyou the new visa letter with your the arrival date exactly.
16Can I enter Vietnam later than the granted date in my approval letter?
We confirm that you can enter Vietnam later than the granted date in your approval letter but can not later than the date allow. If you need support when arriving Vietnam, please feel free to call us via hotline (+84) 968 18.77.18 (Mr Stanley Ho)!
17Can I enter Vietnam by sea or by land with my approval letter?
No, this document is only applicable for those travel by air to Vietnam. If you reaaly need us to help you to arrange visa for you not to arrive Vietnam via Airports, You should do some instruction bellow:
- Please provide us exactly Vietnamese Port which you enter.
- Please provide us exactly your Airmail Address to send the original pre-approved letter upon arrival by sea or land.
- Service Fee will be charged more $20 USD per pax.
18What is process of requesting the Approval Letter for Vietnamese Visa?
Three simple steps to get Vietnam Visa Approval Letter online: Step 1:
- After customers finish booking process via our official site, our confirmation will be sent to your contact email. Our payment request will also be sent to you later within maximum a working-hour for reviewing the information of visa application to make sure it’s always approved. If there are any issues, we shall suggest how to fix it immediately.
- The accepted payment is Onepay, Pay-pal, and Western Union or Bank Transfer.
- Please print the approval letter out and put it into your luggage. It should be shown to Vietnam Immigration Office at the international airport in Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi or Danang city, because the foreigner is not allowed to enter Vietnam without preapproved letter.
- Beside, please prepare 2 photos have passport-sized (4x6 centimeters) and cash (usually is USD) for immigration fee which is called as stamping fee which is about 25 USD per single-entry visa or 50USD for each of multiple-entries visa. (This fee is required to pay for Vietnam Government via Immigration Officer at the airport).
19Is a single entry or multiple entries better for my purpose?
Please take a look at the information of single and multiple entries visa to select which visa type is better for your purpose:
- A single entry visa allows you enter/ exit Vietnam one time or it is also called visa with single use. Once your single entry visa used, you can not enter again Vietnam with this used visa. You must apply for the new one if you want to come back Vietnam again. For example, with 1 month single entry visa, you can enter Vietnam to stay for less than 30 days.
- You can not re-enter Vietnam if you exit Vietnam after 10 days staying, even your visa valid for 30days. +A multiple entries visa allows you enter / exit Vietnam unlimited time as long as your visa still valid. Your multiple entries visa must be picked at the airport when you arrive. After getting your multiple entries visa at the airport, you can exit & re-enter Vietnam at any ports you want.
20How can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam?
Vietnam visa extension is much depending on your types of visa, purposes of visit, so we suggest that you contact the Immigration office of Vietnam for the visa extension advice. Vietnamese Department of Immigration is located at 40 Hang Bai Street, Hanoi and 161 Nguyen Du, Ho Chi Minh City. You also can dowloand visa form extension online: see here If you have no more time or cannot contact any travel agents to help extend your visa. Please scan your passport and visa, then send them to us via email Sales@VisaOnlineVietnam.Org. We will advise you what should be done next. In emergent case, please call our hotline (+84) 968 18.77.18 (Mr Stanley Ho ).
21Can I extend my expired passport in Vietnam?
No, you cannot. Your passport is required to have minimum 6 months validity before your departure. Therefore you need to renew your passport before applying for a visa. If not, you can not boarding the airplane and get Vietnam visa on arrival at the airport.
22How does Vietnam Visa Approval Letter look like?
Please see Official Vietnam Visa Approval Letter sample at here.
23Can you apply 6 months or 1 years visa in Vietnam?
From Monday, 24th August 2009, the Immigration Dept temporarily discontinue granting 6 months and 1 year visa, therefore the maximum length you can apply is a 3 month visa. Now we can support granting 6 months or 1 years.
24Do I have to provide you with my exact arrival date?
You should provide us with an estimate arrival date and it should be the earliest time possible you can enter Vietnam because you cannot travel to Vietnam before the granted arrival date.
25Do you require my passport scan?
Normally you are not required to send us your passport scan. All you need to do is just fill out our Vietnam visa online form with all your detailed information. However, in some case, you are required to do so because the immigration office may need to verify your passport number.
26How can I check my Vietnam visa processing status?
Please enter your ID order/ passport number on Check Visa Status bar. Your visa application will be in one of this following status:
- Payment pending: your application is submitted; however your payment has not been completed
- Under process: your application is being processed
- Completed: your visa application has been processed successfully and the approval letter has been sent to your email
27How long does it take to complete the procedure at Vietnam airport?
It normally takes 15 -30 minutes to complete the procedure at Vietnam airport. However it also depends on the traffic of passengers coming to Vietnam at that moment.
28How long in advance should I apply for a visa?
There is no time frame required to apply for a visa in advance. However we suggest you should apply at least 1 week in advance to avoid any hassle or unwanted problems.
29How to get Vietnam visa on arrival?
There are 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa:
- You can contact to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country to get your visa done before departure.
- You can apply visa on arrival through ImmiVietnamvisa team (To save time and money, you are advised to apply for visa code before picking up your real visa at Visaonlinevietnam.com Team)
30I am a Vietnamese resident overseas, how can I get a Vietnam visa?
For Vietnamese overseas, you have 2 choices - If you are Vietnamese origin , you are eligible for the 5 year visa exemption. Since Vietnamese government is the only agent who has authority to issue this visa exemption certificate, you will need to contact them for help, happily you can do it online here: http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/Default.aspx?alias=mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/en - If you want to save time, you also can apply for vietnam visa online with us.
31My credit card number is correct, but it is not accepted. Why?
You may encounter one of these problems:
- The card expiration is incorrectly entered.
- You have reached your credit limit.
- There is a computer error.
- Visa Verified password / Master Secure Code incorrectly entered.
32Vietnames government free visa for citizens in Western-European countries
The 46th Resolution/NQ-CP from Vietnamese government will free visa for more citizens 5 countries: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and Italy, when they come to Vietnam. It means the citizens from these 5 countries mentioned above will free one time visa for entering Vietnam within 14 to 15days of staying in Vietnam since the day they get the entry permit to Vietnam. The visa will required to apply in 30days for re-entry. This policy will be enforced in the period of one year, from the date of July 1st, 2015 to over the date of June 30th, 2016, and it will be reconsidered for extension continued or not. To until now, Vietnamese has freed visa one way for 8 countries such as : Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Belarus, Korea, Japan) and two-ways visa free for countries in ASEAN Union
33What documents do I need to show to get Vietnam visa stamped upon arrival?
Below is list of things you will need to prepare before entering Vietnam
- Print-out of your Visa-Approval letter.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months
- Passport should have at least one blank page where the Visa sticker can be placed.
- Cash US$ to pay for the Visa Stamping Fee at Vietnam airport (45 USD – for single entry, 95 USD – for multiple entry visa).
- 2 recently-taken photos with regular passport size.
34What information does I need to provide to apply for my Vietnam visa approval letter?
1. Your full name (exactly as in your passport) 2. Date of birth (DOB) 3. Nationality 4. Passport Number 5. Proposed arrival date 6. Purpose of visit For further information, please see full visa application form.
35What is the photo requirement for Vietnam visa on arrival?
The photo size requirement is 4 x 6 cm but it’s not so strict at all. Therefore, a bit smaller or larger one can be accepted.
36What is Vietnam visa code?
Vietnam Visa Code is a legal document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. It allows the Vietnam Visa code holders to get Vietnam Visa stamp at Vietnam Embassy which the applicants registered when they apply for Vietnam Visa code.
37Who should apply for Vietnam Visa Code?
As going to Vietnam Embassy is somehow time-wasting for almost people, Visa code is only recommended for those who travel by land or by sea to Vietnam. This is because the Vietnamese land and sea borders do not issue Vietnam Visa on arrival.
38Why can’t I visit Vietnam Embassy directly but have to get Vietnam visa code in advance?
You completely can contact Vietnam Embassy directly to get your visa stamped. However, in many cases, Vietnam Embassy will deny to issue Vietnam visa if you do not have visa code issued by Vietnam Immigration Office. By using our service, you can get your Vietnam visa entry conveniently. We will help you to apply visa code through the Vietnam Immigration Office then, they will fax your visa approval code to The Vietnam Embassy or Vietnam Consulate in the country you are living or staying in and all you need to do the rest is to bring your passport to receive Vietnam visa stamp.